Wednesday 15 March 2017

Spencer Park Recount


We were learning how to write a recount and put our ideas into paragraphs. - Layla


Rendered Image



On fun Friday the 10th of March we went on a spectacular school trip. We went to Spencer Park. It was only the year 4-6 and we went there to get to know each other better.

When we got there we had our morning tea under the trees.The grass was wet from the dew so we crouched or sat on the blue tarpaulin. I had peppermint wheelys and a bar for my morning tea.Screenshot 2017-03-14 at 12.25.10 PM.png

After morning tea we went to the playground. I was playing with Lily H and we were judging the playground. Our favourite place was the wooden bridge and we liked jumping on it because it made it harder to stand on and I like it when it's challenging. I also saw my friends Tisharn and Teneesha from my softball team.

The sports leaders had to take the sports equipment back to Mrs Dinnington's car before we moved on. The next activity was going to the beach. The two activities were creating tall towers and racing on Mrs MG's race track. In my group were Callum, Nici and both of the Logans.

When we got back to the park area we all had lunch. I was very hungry after coming back from the beach with all that hard work. I ate my yummy peanut butter sandwiches and my chips and my apple.

I enjoyed going to Spencer Park because I love the waves at the beach and I loved playing with Lily, Tisharn and Teneesha.                 By Layla

5 comments:

  1. This is a well written Recount Layla. I love the way you have constructed your paragraphs with topic sentences and then elaborating on them. Great effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Breach! I'm very excited to write more.

      Kind Regards
      Layla

      Delete
  2. What a great recount - it sounds like you had lots of fun at Spencer Park. Something to consider would be to investigate how authors "hook" the reader into the story. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is maddison and I am a year 5 student at Yaldhurst Model School and i spotted some selling mistakes and no punctuation so I would go back and fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maddison! I am Layla as you know. I don't know what you were talking about when you said there were spelling mistakes and to fix it but anyway thank you for commenting. I would love it if you came to my personal blog. It has a lot more work that is mine.

      Kind Regards
      Layla

      Delete

To support our learning we ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what we have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask us a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with our learning?