Friday 6 April 2018

Ban Plastic Bags by Nici


Last week and this week we have been Writing Persuasive Augments About Banning or Keeping Plastic Bags But I knew That If we kept the plastic Bags Most of the sea animals Will keep dying so I choose to ban the Bags. It was easy to choose to ban the bags because I want to save the planet. It was hard to find strong words. How do you think I did?
Would you eat plastic?
I wouldn't. Most of the animals in the sea are dying because of plastic.


Plastic is made out out of petroleum(petrol). So that means it is poisonous.  It kills most of the sea animals in the world. If you want a pet Turtle or a pet Fish you won't have that much of a chance, because of your littering.
Plastic kills over 100,000 marine animals a year. Most of the animals that are dying are Turtles because they think that the plastic bags are Jellyfish. If you go fishing  you will mostly catch plastic bottles, Plastic bags and Plastic straws.

There are five garbage patches in our oceans, the worst is the Great Pacific. It's the worst Garbage Patch  because most of the rubbish is floating to that specific area in the sea.

Keep in mind on what you, are doing to the marine animals that live in the sea.  Stop dropping your rubbish on the ground.
by Nici




10 comments:

  1. kia ora my name is veshay and I am a year 6 student from kaikohe west school up northland. I really like that your supporting sea animals and saying stop killing turtles and fish and others sea animal by littering in the ocean.Because plastic bottle contains petrol in them .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Nici my name is Samicia and I am year 6 student at Kaikohe West School up Northland.

    I really like the way that you explained about how the bags are killing are sea animals.
    I really like the way that you care about our sea/ocean and our environment. I'm saying that is because not much people care for our sea/ocean and our environment.

    Nga Mihi
    Samicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you have done your post about bags

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there my name is chloe from yms,

    I totally agree with you we should get red of plastic bags its so so sad that turtles die because they think they are jelly fish they are getting endangered because they are dyeing.

    kind regrets chloe from yms school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nici
    Its AVa from Papakura-Central-School
    I love your writing and it is vary true.
    Next time I think you can edit your writing a bit more.
    From Ava

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nici My name is Isla and I go to Papakura Central School.
    I like your post because it shows us where the biggest garbage patch is.
    I think you should work on proff reading your work next time.

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nici, Angie here~
    I liked how you wrote the story. I wouldn't eat plastic bags too. I agree that plastic bags should be banned because it kills many marine animals and it takes a long time for them to decompose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Nici.
    My name is Maddiosn I am a year 6 student at Yaldhurst Model School or YMS for short.

    I really liked this blog post I found it very interesting and I would like to know how you came up with this.

    do you find things like this interesting?
    what is your favorite animal?

    this reminds me of the time I had seen lots of adds about this on TV and I desired to do some research.

    maybe next time get someone else to reread it so it will improve your writing.

    Kai Pai
    kind regards Maddison.

    ReplyDelete

To support our learning we ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what we have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask us a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with our learning?