Friday 6 April 2018

Ban the bag by Arie


Would you eat a plastic bag? No, then why do sea animals do!

Animals are eating plastic bags thinking its food and now they are are dying.
I'm fine with bags, it's just can't they make bags that are not poison and that animals can breathe through. I mean at least they could stay alive.

Plastic bags are made of petroleum. Petroleum makes petrol and petrol is poison. Do you know the petroleum it takes to make one plastic bag can power a car and make it go 115m. Petroleum is poison and that means plastic is poison

It is also killing us because we eat fish and we eat food from plastic bags, I strongly believe that since our food touches plastic bags that means it affecting us humans and plastic bags are poison. So I think it's killing us, just slowly.

Do you know that every minute about 1 million plastic objects go to sea. And it takes like 4 million year's for plastic to break. if we keep this up think about what it will look like in 2019. So stop using plastic bags!

It was hard finding strong words to put in my writing. But It was easy researching because we were also reading about plastic bags. It wasn't really fun because in videos we saw animals dying. Also I read mine out at assembly




4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora My name is Lexus.I am A year 6 Student from Kaikohe West School.
    I really like how you put A post on your class blog about Ban the plastic bags.So the sea Turtles don't Think its food.
    Just looking at the plastic bag in the water the sea turtle might think its a jelly fish and think its food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Arie, my name is Julia and I am from Yaldhurst Model School.
    I strongly believe that plastic bags should be either banned or the use should be slowed. The research you have come up with is amazing and I really like this post.
    Something you could add in next time would be a bit more of an explanation to why you did this but other that that I really enjoyed reading this.

    What do you want to see change about this plastic pollution?

    Kind Regards
    Julia
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
  3. I my name is Liam and I go to YMS school and I think that platic bags are very bad for new zealand I love the ocan and I think that it is good that some kids think that we need to ban the bag mabey you's can do a fun raser for money

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI my name is shaniadawn and i like the way you dun this werec it was amazing can you make a nathe thing abuwt plastik bags i love love love it i can hewp yous but my daddy said now i gats wot to hav sum fun bad.

    ReplyDelete

To support our learning we ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what we have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask us a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with our learning?