Friday 11 August 2017

Bliss Balls



Bliss Balls   7/8/2017
Ever seen, felt and smelt something that you thought was amazing but then a plot twist happens? Well that is what happened to me in literacy today. We were making Bliss Balls. Now you are probably wondering, What the heck is a Bliss Ball? Well my friend a bliss ball is a healthy truffle like ball. It is made out of Sultanas or Raisins, Oats, Cocoa, Coconut and Coconut Oil.


The bliss balls looked like lumps of chocolate waiting to get inside my mouth. The bliss ball looked squished up like banana. The bliss ball looked rough like a rocky mountain. It looked absolutely glorious. It was to die for.


When I felt the bliss ball it felt squishy like gooey slime. The bliss ball felt sticky like glue. When the bliss ball rolled around on my hand the coconut felt rough like bark on a tree. It felt moist like a used damp towel.


The bliss ball smelt like pure dark chocolate about to be gone. The bliss ball smelt mouth watering like a nice refreshing ice-block. The coconut smelt like a glorious lamington. This ball smelt like something you've never smelt before. It smelt like heaven.
Then the time had come it was time to taste the bliss ball that looked, smelt and felt amazing and glorious. I bit into the bliss ball with high anticipation. Then all of a sudden (bite) the raisins are so juicy. It tasted absolutely disgusting. It was sickening like a five month old block of cheese. It was so chewy like uncooked steak. It tasted like a complete disappointment. It tasted like something people eat from the garbage. It tasted like poison, I hated it. I definitely regret it.
by Phoebe

WALT write about an experience using descriptive language features.



19 comments:

  1. those bliss balls look delicious. when i herd the name of a bliss i was wondering what are bliss balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my name is keren and I am 9 years old I am from Tonga and I am saying nice story about this thing you made and how you explained it good job it really means to me what you have done because then we can learn and nice job how you have done a procedural writing it really means to me thanks for sharing with us you are really smart and you have some nice interesting words on this thing I find this really kind because when you say that you write about it is so cool because that is so kind of you.you made me feel hungry also you made me feel happy because of those describing words you put in and it is so nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi my name is sofaia from Wesley primary school it really looks yummy i really really want to eat it! looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Sarah.I am a year 5 student in room 4 at Wesley Primary School.I love the way you described the bliss balls and how you thought it smelt.You made me think like I was eating it.I love how you put it into a little report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i am Andrea from a school which i am a student but i really did to know how it taste ? but it really looks yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, it tasted so yum and juicy because of the raisins

      Delete
  6. Hi there my name is Genesis I am a student in room 4 at Wesley Primary School. I like how you described the Bliss balls and I like how you used description words. By Genesis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my name is Isabel and i am a student from room 4 at wesley primary school i would like to know what it feels taste and smells like what does it go with to you i think it suits with ice-cream and i would also like to know who made it and who is the person that tasted it thank you it looks great.









    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi isabel, I made this bliss ball and I tasted it and it was very yum thank you for commenting!
      By Phoebe

      Delete
  8. hi my name is phi-an i am from wesley primary school.i read your work and u did really well of making those yummy foods good job

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi my name is danielle edmonds i go to Wesley primary school i like how you described the bliss balls it was like a recipie that u have to read what it looks like and what it taste like and how you made

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi my name is hunter from Yaldhurst Model School. I like it because it is Long, interesting and creative .
    It reminds me of my mums cooking at my home.
    Mable next time you could tell what ingredients you need.
    My favourite ice-cream is vanilla. What is your favourite ice-cream?

    from Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really yummy i want to taste it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! those look delectable

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow yous did great making those bliss balls they look very yummy

    ReplyDelete

To support our learning we ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what we have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask us a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with our learning?