Thursday 19 October 2017

My First Day At Te Manu Tukutuku


My First Day At Te Manu Tukutuku


I feel curious as I walk around the school, because there's things that need to be explored.
I hear children walking to their classrooms, buzzing with excitement energy and eagerness.
I see the new playgrounds and basketball hoops being used and loved.
I smell the new paint and the fresh air binding together to make a new aroma.
I touch the soft, bouncy and comfy chairs.
Overall I feel proud about being a guardian and exhilarated about my future at this school.

by Hayley

👍WALT: write about how we feel about our new space. In our poem we had to include a Simile, Alliteration and Emotion words.


8 comments:

  1. Hey Hayley its Mahaliya From SHS
    Great job I love all of the words that you have used
    in this peace of writing nice picture and nice angle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayley! I really love your poem! I especially like the part about the smells "binding together", and your use of the word "guardian" :)
    Have you thought about sharing your poem in the school newsletter?
    Best wishes, Ms Boothby (teacher at Hornby High)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mōrena SLC,

    Although this is a 2017 post, I wanted to take the opportunity to welcome you to Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu for 2018. My name is James and although I don't officially work with Manaiakalani anymore, I love dipping into the class blogs and taking to share in your learning. I really enjoyed reading some of your emotive writing. The descriptions are really clear and make me feel like I was really there! I can't wait to hear and read more about your learning, creating and sharing in 2018.
    Mā te wā
    James

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI I like the description you have chosen in the places that need to be explored. And all the other buzzing words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello My name is kate and I go to papakura central school its really cool that you have joined that school I love your writing its amazing blog ya later

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi hayley my name is shzstela and i think your writing is so cool starting a new school for me is scary because i'm not use to going to new school's all the

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there South Hornby, I am Parwin, a year 7 from Yaldhurst Model School. I really liked your poem because you used all the things you were meant to use. THis reminded me when I had to do this at my old school but your one was better than mine.


    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete

To support our learning we ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what we have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask us a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with our learning?